How to use Google Authenticator?
Now, along with your password, there is one more authorization method to enter your PO. For additional security there can be used Google Authenticator. This feature is optional which is able to provide strong protection of your account.
Google Authenticator (GA) is an application for smartphone (IOS, Android, BlackBerry) generating a code needed to access your PO. Which can be used even without internet connection.
Install GA App on (smartphone with android OS, laptop, PC, Mac or iPhone/iPad).
How to install Google Authenticator application.
=> Android devices
Requirements — version 2.1 or later.
- Visit Google Play page.
- Search for “Google Authenticator”.
- Install the application.
=> iPhone, iPod Touch iPad
Requirements — version iOS 5.0 or later.
- Enter App Store.
- Enter the search term Google Authenticator.
- Download and install the application.
- Get the key (GA) in the Personal Office. The instructions are described below.
- Open Google Authenticator app on your mobile.
- Click "+".
- Click Time based (tag 1).
=> PC and laptop
- Install the "Mozilla Firefox" Web Browser.
- Follow this link www.marketplace.firefox.com
- Type "Google Authenticator" in the search box and press enter.
- Find "Google Authenticator App" and click "Free".
- Find One Pop up window in the top left of the browser. It will ask — Do you want to install "Google Authenticator" from this site (marketplace.firefox.com)? Click "Install".
- Check you have an icon on your desktop.
How to setup Google Authenticator in your Personal Office
1. Enter in the section "My Page" and click the button in the right column of your PO "Other"
2. Then click the button "Create key (GA)"
3. After that you will see a window with the key code.
IMPORTANT! Write down this key code on the paper, be careful. You will never see this key code again! This code you will need to create GA code in GA App.
4. When you will be sure that the key code was written down — click "Save" button.
5. Open GA app on your device and push "Begin setup".
Then choose "Enter provided key"
6. In the next step you need to enter name of this account (field 1 on screenshot) — for example "MMM PO", you can choose any other.
Then, in the field 2 (see the screenshot) you need to enter the key, that you wrote down in step 3.
After that push "Add" button.
7. Setup is finished and you will see this screen.
This code will change every 30 seconds, so you don’t need to keep it in mind.
8. When you will enter the PO, System will ask you to choose the method of the Additional autorization. Choose GA key.
9. On the next screen enter the 6-digit code, generated by GA App on your device and click "LOGIN". You have to keep up with 30 seconds, until the code in app has not been changed.
10. If you see the message that code is wrong,
10. If you see the message that code is wrong, but you are sure that you did not make any mistake — try to go to the settings of GA App on your device and choose "Time correction for codes". Device should be connected to the internet to do this.
If you want to delete GA from your PO, you should go to "My Page" section and click the button "Other" in the right column of your PO.
Then push button "Remove the key (GA)".
And click "Save" button